This month marks the beginning of the FIFTH year of The Dental Warrior Blog! Holy crap, time is flying. I began writing TDW, in earnest, in January of 2011.
I want to THANK YOU, my audience, for indulging my rants, raves, and rabble-rousing. Really… It means a lot to me that my writing resonates with so many (and pisses off a few). I also enjoy the creative (and cathartic) process of writing!
I thought I’d share some blog stats with you.
In the last four years, I’ve posted 277 articles (not including this one). That comes to an average of 5.8 articles per month. When I started this blog, I worried that I would not be able to come up with enough “material” to keep it going. I do have occasional dry spells. So far, so good!
From January 1st, 2011 to now, the blog has had:
- 357,740 page views. (Averaging about 7,500 per month.)
- 167,974 users.
- Visitors from 188 countries. (There are reportedly 196 countries in the world. So, we’ve covered 96% of the globe!)
- The most popular (top six) dental articles are:
- Don’t “friend” your patients on Facebook! (57,000 views!)
- 25 Years Later – Dental School STILL Sucks! (25,000 views!)
- Picasso Lite – It’s time to pull the trigger on a diode laser! (24,000 views!)
- Dissecting a Dental Ad (23,000 views!)
- Is Groupon running out of gas? (21,500 views!)
- I’ll Go to a Dentist I Can Tell What to Do! (x-rays again) (20,800 views!)
- And, I just learned that I’ve written 192,583 Words! That is the equivalent of a 700-page book!
Mind you… compared to commercial blogs, those numbers are pretty puny. But, for a one-man show (aimed at a dental audience) covering an eclectic array of topics… Not bad!
I don’t have a crystal tooth…
What does the future hold for The Dental Warrior? I simply don’t know. I will continue to write when I am inspired or the muse smacks me over the head. I will continue to write from the heart while realizing it won’t please everyone. At some point, I may consider bringing on other “worthy warrior writers.” (Again with the alliteration!) Maybe I’ll take the show on the road. Who knows?
Finally… if there is something specific you’d like me to cover, please mention it in the comment section below!
Thank you, again, for reading The Dental Warrior and joining the conversation with your comments!