There are a number of ways you can use Golden Proportion to plan or present an anterior cosmetic case:
- You could just print a photo of a retracted view of the anterior teeth and draw on it directly with a white “Sharpie” marker.
- You could purchase one of the apps out there (actually, I think they are an annual subscription).
- Or you could do this… Use a template and Photoshop (or similar photo editing software). That’s what I did.
The reasons to do this might include:
- Show a patient the degree of occlusal / incisal wear.
- Show patients what is possible with restorative cosmetic dentistry.
- To help you (the dentist) plan a case virtually.
I have found this simple demonstration very effective with patient case presentations. Here are a couple of examples. I’ll attach a “how to” video below.
Here is the photo I printed to show the patient:
Here’s the Golden Proportion overlaid:
So… how did I do it? I made this video today rather quickly. I’m not an expert video producer, so you get what you pay for! 😉
Click here to download the “.psd” (Photoshop file) of the template.
I hope that helps someone out there!