6 responses

  1. Mark Dilatush
    April 19, 2012

    Greate article Mike,

    Couldn’t agree more. Everything we’ve tested about dental consumer tendencies on the internet are supported by your assertions

    Mark Dilatush

    Reply

  2. Ritu
    April 19, 2012

    Although my practice website is significantly better than the one I used to have (from-a-template-bc-I-didn’t-know-any-better), one of the things I find frustrating is that it doesn’t offer a CMS system. So, if I learn something new along the way, I can’t just go in and modify it myself.

    My website company says the reason why is because most dentists “just don’t care” what’s on the website, as long as there is one. Baffling.

    They did do separate pages for each service, however. Good to know they did that right!

    Reply

  3. Ed Reifman, DDS
    April 19, 2012

    Another great blog, Mike. Love the thoughtful information. Thanks! Ed

    Reply

  4. Howie Horrocks
    April 19, 2012

    Great blog post Mike. You hit the nail on the head.

    Reply

  5. Nilay Shah, DDS
    April 21, 2012

    Hello Dr. Mike,

    Awesome blog post! I completely agree with you that having a list of services on just one page will definitely confuse the reader. 99% of dental websites have the same format. The other 1% that don’t are definitely getting more patients through their websites because of higher conversion rate to taking an actual action.

    I’ve seen your website, and it is definitely in the 1% I think. I still don’t know why dental website companies these days itemize on the number of pages and charge by the pages. I see you have a “Make An Appointment” call to action button. Have you considered also placing a “Click to Call” button to let the patients call the office right away instead of filling out a form and waiting for a call back?

    Keep the posts coming!

    Reply

    • The Dental Warrior
      April 21, 2012

      Hi Nilay,

      Thanks for your comments. I hadn’t considered putting a click to call button on my website. But, I do have one on my (relatively new) mobile website.

      Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top
mobile desktop